Re: List Historybank Project

Excellent ideas !   One thing I would like to see is the collection
of stock tick data in small increments - even by stock if possible !
Downloading all OMZ data and pasting it one day at a time to collect
data on one or two stocks is horrible.  Of course, data should be a
vailable in all configurations (some days you need all of yesterday,
some days youwant one stock for a year.)

Individual stocks could be stored in quarters.  This would eliminate
the need for maintaining DAT files that go way back in history
(and get unbelievably huge).   Several files would need to be retrieved
to get a year's tick data, but that is better than FTP-ing 240 OR
refresh files.

Some file size examples:

INTC.omz   (hi volume)  last 3 months = 2.5MB
ALLR.omz   (lo volume)  last 3 months = .5MB

SPX.omz    last 3 months = .25 MB

And it'll need to be called something besides HistoryBank.  TickBank ?

donc