Re: Creeping Text - Status Line

Donc,

Seems like a lot of work for something that performs such a simple task!
I have found it easier  now simply to drag the placed text by hand -
especially
on slow moving daily charts - than mess with all that.

As to your "bright idea". I kinda do that now. As I am unable to hard code
my system, I use self made tools to give me stops, risk and targets
quickly.
I place these calculators in subgraph 8, drag them down out of sight; then
by clicking on any bar can read off the numbers in the Data Window.
I also use a P&L indicator which scales down to a single line with only
the status line showing. By inputting my entry price it shows profit or
loss in dollars or points.

Ian.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Donc wrote.........

I have an alternative to the Text Display for TS4.  I was going to draw
some text, but decided it would often be obscured by the price, and I
didn't want to constantly move it on each chart.  And if the text is
drawn from an indicator it would not be movable.  So I decided to put it
in the Status Line.  (I place the Status Line across the top.)
<snip>

TADA!  I just had another bright idea.  Each subgraph has its own status
line, in which is displayed the values of the plots.  You can do this
same trick with the other subgraphs: set the scaling out of the range of
the plots, so they will never show.  Then you can stack the subgraphs
very close together, and have essentially a "list" of indicator values
below the price graph !  (Sometimes you will get a very skinny plot.
You will need to move the edge of the subgraph slightly until all the
plot disappears.)

donc

<