TS 2000i RMA

Well, I'm not one who fools around with bogus software. I ordered the
upgrade to 2000i and then cancelled when sanity returned. I even received a
nice phone call asking why I had cancelled. The product arrives anyway 4
days later. I think, gee, this is silly. Well, now that it is here, why
don't I install it and play around with it a bit?

I install - don't do any data conversion or anything fancy. I add EMini, &
S&P and so with the symbols already in there there are like 85 symbols
total. I just install the developer's kit and try to do a link to get quotes
out of the global server. I pound on it all night and finally find the key
to the thing is using ASynch server with the right string passed. I rig a
program that should update quotes in labels. It runs for a time in the VB
IDE and then crashes. Doesn't even run as a compiled executable.

So I give TS2000 the benefit of the doubt. It must be VB that is causing the
crashes, right? (ignoring the fact that VB runs flawlessly in all other
cases for me) I download 50 meg worth of SP3 for VB and install. Same
result. in frustration, I give up entirely trying to use the developer's kit
to get quotes out of Global Server. This thing isn't ready for prime time.

I try to do something simple that is sure to work. I open charting and put
on a quote screen with 6 symbols. I create an 89 tick chart of the EMini.
The system locks up with my mouse stuck in a small square inside TS2000
right after I create the chart. I do various keystrokes, and finally it
unlocks. I think, this isn't so bad - locking up and then getting unlocked.
I Sit and wait for the market to open.

At about 5 minutes after the market should've opened, I scramble around
looking for what is the problem - a signal outage - no. It turns out the
data manager has effectively backfed up to the box including blocking out TS
4.0 on my other computer, so I miss 5 minutes of the open. I quickly shut
off the program and magically quotes come streaming through to my TS 4.0!

I call up the sales guy and get an RMA. This "thing" is outa here! Total
analysis took 2 days. Probably about 2 days more than I should have given
it. If you are on the fence, I hope this gives you a jab in the ribs!

Patrick White