Data compression

Dear gurus:
1) I used to use my system with daily bars. How can i test my system with
weekly or monthly data. Do i need to create a new database. I do this
question because when i apply a system on a weekly chart created from daily
data, it doesn't show any arrow showing me buys and sells. But if i reverse
the compression on a daily basis i can see the system's arrows!!. Tricky
thing.
2) Is there any way to put and order at the open of the current bar?. For
example if the Open of today meets some condition compared to the past data,
i can not oblige Tradestation to put a order at open[0].
Thanks a lot again
Hernan