Re: Buy stops and after-hours markets

In a message dated 8/13/99 8:36:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
bradry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Is there any way around this problem other than watching the open and
>  deceiding from there?  Do other online brokers use the current
>  (after-hours) price rather than the "official" close?

More than just brokers, I've seen after-hours prices listed by Yahoo as the
closing price. I've seen stocks close at a certain price, then trades go off
well after the close, 5 minutes or more, be listed as the closing price. It
can really foul up a daily chart, I've seen it turn a green candle into a red
one.