Date boxes_It's kludgey but it works

Thanks to the persistence of Dennis and Rich, I got it to work.

Dennis wrote:
<<<
it's kludgey but it works. sometimes the dialog boxes want
mm/dd/yyyy dates and sometimes they want mm/dd/yy. go figure.

my advice, try mm/dd/yy first and, if that doesn't work, try mm/dd/yyyy.

I couldn't get either to work the first couple of rounds. I finally started
at the end of the very long file(10 yrs of 5min) and worked backwards.
Sometime one worked. Sometimes neither. But I made it to the
beginning of the file eventually.

Interesting point:
using and startdate with a 2-digit year and an enddate with a 4-digit
year plotted from the beginning of the file and not the startdate.
(while inside the maximum bar limit)

Rich wrote:
<<<
Notice that if the the month is a single digit then TS puts a
blank space before that number, so that if you try to change
the month to 2 digits you must remove that blank space.

Yes. That must be it. Seems that when I totally backspaced
out the month all the way to the edge of the window, the 8-digit
dates fit. Embarrassing to think that got by me. However, I
do remember backspacing out the entire date , starting from
scratch, and getting nowhere on a few attempts.

Thanks guys....dbs