PCQuote Updates Website

Although not as friendly as it could be, the PCQuotes web site now has
more information and less advertising, making it slightly more useful
for it's customers.

As a Playstation2k / Hype-feed customer, I have been very frustrated
over the past several months as I try and figure out symbol names that
are drastically different than the ones I have been used to with
DBC/Signal and are totally wrong in the GS "dictionary".  Except for the
VERY helpful tech support, I would have just been back with DBC and
currently waiting for a SP Comstock sub-server.  After several requests
that that have gone unanswered, I checked out the PCQuotes site today
and was pleasantly surprised to find much more reference stuff that can
actually be used, albeit, a "work in progress".

When I first tried to click on a URL tag, my "download file" window
popped up and I thought that the commodity symbol reference I had wanted
would be a local disk accessible program, so I downloaded it and found
that it wasn't a program at all, but a mislabeled HTML tag (i.e.:
.../namelook.exe).  As I scanned across their front page I notice that
almost all the tags were mislabeled, but could be remedied by just
clicking "cancel" on the pop up window and the window would load
normally.

I played around with the symbol look up page and found that there were
still useless symbols (i.e.: /ES9U is not used for the S&P e-mini,
/ES9UG is, but they are both there for the uninformed.  Similar symbols
for the NASDAQ composite volume that I have had much frustration with.)
They still don't have the one contract that swayed me from Signal
Online; a combined S&P Globex/Day session which was advertised before I
signed up ("...we're still working on that, give us a couple of
months..."). The best solution is to still call Mike Dienes at PC Quote
(he's on the Omega List) and go over your portfolio if you trade
commodities or follow indexes (indices?), as you are bound to have
several symbols you thought were correct, but aren't.  Also; if you
don't know what it is called, you can't look it up, even if you know
what exchange it's sent from (Guess what they call the S&P Premium?  No,
it's not "PREM", or "$PREM", or anything close to "fair value".  It's (I
guess) called the S&P *Spread* with symbol name "SPS".  But, hey, I
could be wrong...

Bob Perry
San Jose, CA