xpired contracts won't chart after TS4 build21+

Went to build 21 and then to build 23.
Still have all 3 sets of complete Omega folders embedded inside
eachother for some reason.

My server CME file had the following before upgrades....
DSP8U, DSP8Z, DSP9H, DSP9M, DSP9U.

The upgraded file still contains the same.

Before upgrades, I had these contracts in charts in workspaces.
After upgrades, they are still there and the data in them is STILL
formattable.

Problem:
  Ever since the build 21 upgrade, I cannot create NEW
charts with the expired contract data. Only with the current contract
data. The same list of contracts to choose from still exists.
However, when I try to create new charts with them, they say
"no data available".

Questions:
  How do I recover the ability to create new charts with the expired
contracts?
  Why do the expired contracts still function properly if the chart
was created before upgrades?

dbs