Re: Off topic....

From: Ron Augustine
To: NHBob
Sent: Friday, July 30, 1999 10:19 PM
Subject: Re: Off topic....

*Of course, if you're a gun owner/lover I'm sure you'll have a tailor-made
counter argument for this example, but in my world it's difficult to argue
against facts and results --

Ron...*

Well, I am all that, and more.  But I have little truck with "tailor-made"
arguments, for or against any position.  As I said, this is just weekend
verbal jousting, good-natured, if I apply myself skillfully.  Hey my
friends,  life's too short as it is, to waste on venemous pursuits.

I kinda like Emerson's "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little
minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. "  In the
case at hand, the question is whether citizen gun ownership is a foolish
consistency, or as I believe, it is the absolute essence of our absolutely
unique social construct here in the USA, and despite its costs, critical to
its preservation.
Best regards
NHBob