Re: StockBuyer.com

>What signal can be ascertained with the announcement of the New York Stock
>Exchange impending IPO? The sharks are ready to cash out. Don't kid
>yourself THE ALLIANCE OF DEMONS (NYSE & MERRILL) cannot bode well for the
>public. No matter how you slice,dice,or puree it if this isn't a top then
we
>will never have one.

Give me a break. As soon as anyone sees something "greedy" it's the top of
the market. How many of these BS top indications have we seen in the last 10
years?

>What is the rush? The deal was announced last week with a Thanksgiving Day
target.How apropo but for >who? Wouldn't we all like to enjoy a payout on
Thanksgiving Day 1999.

How about the fact that the NASDAQ announced plans to do the same and that
the NYSE is losing volume to ECN's etc...? Perhaps they are determined to
move qiuckly in the face of competition?

>This appears like a last ditch effort for the member-ship of the NYSE to
REALLY enrich themselves via this >route. Guess who owns one of the larger
blocks of seats?  Could it be Merrill Lynch?
>Why else would Merrill be doing this pro bono?

Yeah right, Merrill will do this just to increase the value of their
memberships. I would think there are bigger fish to fry than that for ML.
Read the following article and get the facts before you fly off the handle

http://search.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPlate/1999-07/24/051l-072499-idx.ht
ml

Quoted from above article:  "....Merrill Lynch & Co. is evaluating the plan
for a public offering on a pro-bono basis for the exchange. If the NYSE
decides to go ahead with the plan, however, Zito said all the investment
banking firms listed on the exchange would be involved in underwriting...."

The NYSE also is moving to a new location in a few years. Doesn't it make
sense to want to raise some cash for the expansion? Don't other companies to
this without it being the "top"?

The alliance of Demons  - geez get a life....

>Gordon Gedko spoke of greed being good in the eighties then it must be holy
>in the nineties.Watch for the continuing saga unfolding on Wall Street,"How
can I get
>money out and still have the public believe it is in their best interests".

LOL