Omegan calendar

On Fri, 23 Jul 1999, Howard Jackson wrote:

> Nope, they are returning 3 digit years... Try applying
> a "Custom 1 Line" indicator with
>    Year( ELDate(01,01,2000) )
> As the input, and you get 100 as the plot. The y2k
> stuff seems to really work as far as I can tell

As long as you are using the Omegan calendar instead of the Gregorian
calendar ;-). It would seem that this novel calendar starts in what
otherwise would be the (normal) year of 1900.

Hmmm... if you have data before 1900 (as I do), it's not clear what to do.
For 1890, as an example, would you enter -20 as the date, or do the data
functions recognize 20 BC (or BX, for whatever event happened at the start
of the Omegan calendar :-)?

Do all the date-related parts of TS work with a date of -20, or 20 BC?

I understand why Omega chose this approach - it's reeeaaal easy for them
to do, and puts all the burden on the users to invent work-arounds (as
usual). To call this Y2k compliance is a sham, IMHO, because it does not
use actual dates at all, and would appear not to work for all dates in any
case. Y2k is, in expanded form, Y2000, not Y100.

Omega says it is done with this issue - now users have a Y100 problem to
deal with.

Larry