Re: Price shocks and money management

Omega Man wrote ...

<< Chuck baby!  If we knew when they were coming they wouldn't be "shocks"!

Chuck wrote ...

<<Most of the time we do know when an important event is scheduled.  We know
when and where Greenspan will speak ...>>

Actually, the truth is somewhere in between.   Recall late last year Greenspan
moved 'intra-meeting' to drop rates (I'll bet if you were short S&P's you will
remember ...)

IMHO the best traders I know are the ones who run many systems to always
be aware of the signalled entries/exits (i.e. 'research'), but ultimately
filter
their trades using the benefit of many years of experience.

Ken