Re: discipline

the statement "discipline is essential for trading success" is another
one of the market myths that needs to be debunked. it's not essential,
nor important, for trading success. it's just another quaint(empirical)
market saying that has little basis in fact and simply another
psychological ploy or escape route for market egotists to blame trading
failure on anything and everything but their crummy system or method.

winning or losing depends on creativity, confidence, and commitment...
creativity -- in researching your trading ideas
confidence -- in trading or executing your system or plan
commitment -- in trading your stuff through good times and bad

i tried to be one of those anal retentive types that exercised (i ran
5-7 mi per day, every day, rain, snow, or shine) and eat well and slept
good, but it did not improve my trading success until i got off that
crazy treadmill. why? because it didn't work for me (actually, it was
unhealthy and counterproductive to my trading).

moral of story is don't do what i say or what anyone else says, but
just figure out for yourself what works and things will be all right.
and quit beating yourself on the head because you're not "disciplined"
like those other market wizards who declare that you must be
disciplined to succeed. it ain't necessarily true

TJ

mark talked about passion; yeah, i hear ya, man, 'cuz i have an
overwhelming desire (passion) for all things that are trading and
market related

--- "Mr. Bond" <mr_bond@xxxxxx> wrote:
I would be interested in hearing from successful traders on the list
on the subject of whether they feel there is a correlaton between the
discipline it takes to be a profitable trader and discipline in other
areas of life.

For instance, it takes a lot of self-discipline to excercise
regularly, or eat healthfully, or study, or research, etc.  I would be
interested to hear if disciplined traders are similarly disciplined in
other areas of life.