Re: HELP NEEDED - $SPX as proxy for SP and ES Futures

In a message dated 7/11/99 10:15:21 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
OatTrader@xxxxxxx writes:

>  I still believe that the futures actually leads the stock market or at
>  least it turns around faster that the overall market and I rather do my
>  testing on the real thing.
>  Jim

Yes. It is faster to buy the SPU than it is to buy each stock in the basket.
That is one reason why the S&P futures' gaps are smoothed out (or don't
exist) on the SPX. The open in the SPX may even reflect individual stock
prices that have not yet traded that day.

BW

SmartTrades.com