Re: HELP NEEDED - $SPX as proxy for SP and ES Futures

In a message dated 7/11/99 7:04:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time, axiom1@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

> Please pardon my inability to understand
> this method. Isn't this similar to running the system on the futures itself?
> Maybe, you guys would like to elaborate on how it would work.

Didn't you read my mail?

>No. The results might be similar, but they would not be the same. For one
there are fewer and smaller gaps in the SPX so the open could be vastly
different. Imagine a limit open [up or down] in the futures and the SPX opens
at the previous close and trades your system from there (any entry in the
futures might be impossible [you could see great trades in the SPX that did
not exist at all in the futures: you may wish to actually take a look at the
data you are testing and then you will understand]). You could use the SPX to
screen ideas, but the data would be suspect to say the least in relation to
futures systems.<

BW
SmartTrades.com