Re: switching data vendors

At 06:49 08/07/99 -0700, you wrote:
>am contemplating switching from Signal to BMI... not that great of an
>upgrade I realize, but I was wondering what it will take to keep everything
>working without a hitch. Question is, what happens to all that data I've
>been collecting with Signal? Can I append it to the new BMI data so I can
>have some history on my charts, or will I have to start collecting from
>scratch??? If someone could elaborate on the details of this I'd sure
>appreciate it!!

All you have to do is rename your symbols in the server to their BMI
"names".  For the September S&P futures:

Signal:  SP U9
BMI:   SP9U (or DSP9U for daytime only symbol)

Follow the same principle for all other markets i.e. eliminate the gap and
put the year before the month (as per above example).  For markets that have
overnight trading (e.g. SP, ES, ND), BMI will carry two symbols (one 24hr
symbol, one daytime only, as per the above example).  Word has it that their
daytime only "D" symbols are faster than their 24hr symbols.  For this
reason, in markets with nightime trading, I would sticking to renaming these
symbols into the "D" format rather than the 24 hr format.

e.g.
ND U9 becomes DND9U
SP U9 becomes DSP9U
etc.