Re: Prosuite 2000i problems

I tried running TS2Ki, including the latest build, with 61 symbols, and BMI
cable, on a 266MHz 128Mb SDRAM P2, and a 450MHz 256Mb SDRAM P2, both with
the same results (no other programs running on either machine). The Data
Manager is overwhelmed by any kind of volume, such as is experienced each
day at the stock mkt's open. Then the charting module stops responding. I
cannot change workspaces, can't type text on a chart, can't change charting
tools, news monitor doesn't display headlines, etc...

Data Manager's trouble shooting mode states "Data Manager is not getting
enough time to perform its functions..." I worked with Tech Support for 10
days on this problem, they were calling me every day with new ideas to try.
Finally, they stopped calling because they have nothing further to offer.
Omega acknowledges there is a performance problem with TS2Ki, but they say
this problem will not be addressed for two more service packs, something
like 3 months if you believe Omega.

I gave up playing with TS2Ki entirely yesterday. I like its pretty face,
and it's kinda fun to tinker with, but, in my opinion it's not to be taken
seriously for real time trading until Omega makes it robust and reliable in
some future build.