RE: Nick Leeson

A far better book is "The Collapse of Barings" by Stephen Fay.
It has much more background, detail and supporting material.
It also has quite a different view about the origin and usage of
the 88888 account, and the activities of some of the
other players.

I read I think 3 books on Barings - Fay's is by far the best, and
the most readable as well.   I found Leeson's book more like
a sportman's memiors - selective.