Operating system question.

Hope this is not too far off topic for this list.

I am running a PII 450 with 256 meg. RAM, TS4 EOD and so far system
speed and capability has not been an issue. Some previous posts have
indicated that to run TS2K you really need to be running NT.

When I upgraded my computer last fall I thought I was being very wise to
get a dual processor mother board even though it was initially
configured with only one cpu. My intent was to eventually plug in
another cpu and be on the leading edge of processing speed and
capability. Neat idea but as I become more educated on the dual
processor board it sounds like Windows NT is the only way to use the
dual processor configuration. Also discovered that NT is not plug n play
friendly and you must be sure to have the proper drivers for all your
peripherals.

My question for the list: any ideas on how to use dual processors
without NT and does TS2K really need NT for stability? Windows 2000
perhaps?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.