Fw: Workspace Assistant Enhancement

Maybe someone out there knows a way top override/eliminate these annoying
problems with Workspace Asistant in TS2000i.  If so, I'd really appreciate
your letting me know how to do so.

First, I wish that the pop-up dialogue that tells users that Workspace
Assistant is scanning symbols WAS NOT set up to be ALWAYS ON TOP.  Of
EVERYTHING!  As it now stands, it's always on top when TradeStation is
running--even when it is not being currently displayed.  That is, if the
user is running a totally unrelated program like Quicken, which then
occupies the entire screen in pne window,  the Workspace Assistant pop-up
scanning dialogue keeps popping up repeatedly, superimposed over the screen
displayed by the other program.  Therefore, users really can't do anything
else until Workspace Assistant finishes scanning every symbol in the users'
directory.

Secondly, I, for one, really wish Workspace Assistant or TradeStation did
not display the New Open Position alert/attention dialogues for every New
Open Position discovered by Workspace Assistant after it has finished
scanning all the symbols in a given directory directory.  In my case, it
goes through hundreds if not thousands of them ad nauseum.  And it does this
so fast that no one could really take advantage of the information presented
before the porgram replaces one  New Open Position dialogue with another.
Maybe some users like this.  I don't because 1). it's an utter waste of my
time, 2). like the problem with the Workspace Assistant dialogue that tells
me over and over that it's scanning symbols in my directory, the New Open
Position dialogues pop up ALWAYS ON TOP--of EVERYTHING, which prevents me
from doing anything else with other programs until all New Open Position
dialogues have finished being displayed, 3). and, the New Open Position
dialogues DO pop-up when I type a symbol on my TradeStation chart if the
system has signaled a buy or whatever anyway, 4). by the time it starts
displaying the pop-up New Open Position dialogues, the same information
already appears in the Workspace Assistant Results.

So what's the point of wasting users' time and tying up their computers
displaying needless dialogues?

Perhaps there are settings in TradeStation that I'm not aware of that could
eliminate this needless, time-consuming, and very annoying tedium from the
Workspace Assistant processing.  If so, I'd very much appreciate someone out
there being kind enough to let me know.

With kindest regards,

Dick Smith
Dick@xxxxxxxxxx