Re: Less exposure for the Omega List

Charles wrote:
> If GM sold a car that wouldn't go up hills and you told the public it
would be
> called a public service.  Maybe then GM would build a car that goes up
hills.
> Why is software different?

Software is not different.

First of all, allow me to make one thing clear:  I have no interest in
public service.  Claims that bashing (or even squeaking) are a public
service have no impact on me.

Second, I believe that your metaphor is valid.  Let's look at what would
happen if you posted a message saying that "My GM car won't go up the hill."

The first thing that would happen is someone would say, "Oh, really?  What
kind of tires do you have?"  Then another person would say:  "Was this a
gravel road, a dirt road, or a pavement road?"  And then, "Was it snowing?"
And then, "My GM car goes up the hill...  How steep are the hills in your
area?"

Do you see how this achieves nothing?

Most importantly:  YOU ACHIEVE NOTHING BY DOING IT.  I am interested in your
personal achievement, not what you can force others to do.  Do you see the
difference?

Even if I agreed with you that you could force Omega to achieve by
increasing awareness of this list (and I do not agree), I would still be
against increasing awareness.  Why?  Because it does not lead to you
personally achieving anything.  All it means is that you have forced someone
else to achieve.