Re: Information

At 12:01 PM -0400 6/20/99, The Omega Man wrote:

>Bob, I believe that you may be referring to TS 4, not TS2k.  It is clear to
>me that the direction for both Omega's products and other vendors' products
>is toward VB.  In fact, provided with TS 2k are 4 sample VB applications for
>user review:
>
>An Alert Tracking Control Center App
>A System Tracking Control Center App
>A Data Access App
>and A Message Log App
>

>Have you been reading Philippe Lhermie's recent posts?

I missed this part of your message.

I stand corrected. I was not aware TS2K used VB. (I haven't been reading
many the posts on TS2k since most of my sources say it is still far too
buggy for any serious use.)

>Ignoring the release of TS2k does not make it go away.

Touche! I certainly hope it doesn't go away! I assume it will eventually
become stable enough to use so planned to begin looking at it whenever that
occurs.

I agree that VB is likely to be the very important in our future since
Microsoft is promoting it and uses it in all their applications. As a
result, there is a large infrastructure of manuals and educational
materials available for it, something that has never been available for
EasyLanguage.

Bob