Re: Information

At 12:01 PM -0400 6/20/99, The Omega Man wrote:

>Bob, I do not believe that this is an issue with the Average function in
>TS2k.  In TS2k, the sum used in the average is completely recalculated every
>bar.

Could be. I have not loaded TS2K yet so cannot check.

There were two versions of the "Average" function in TS 4.0, one a "series"
function and one a "simple" function. The problem only existed in the
series function and was not a big issue unless you were using a lot of
bars. I tested it on a recent build and it seems to have gotten better so
perhaps there was some kind of rounding issue in earlier builds.

It should be far less of an issue in any case in TS2K since I would assume
they would use higher precision arithmetic on the new 32 bit version.

This kind of problem was a major issue in the past when computers were
expensive and it cost a lot of money to do arithmetic to greater precision.
Today, with such very cheap computers, doing very precise arithmentic cost
little extra so modern applications are written to simply use higher
precision arithmetic.

Bob Fulks