CSI Data/Payment for Data/An Update

Earlier this year (late February or early March) - Bob Pelletier (from
CSI data) and I agreed that CSI would pay a sum of money for a database
I had.  This database was compiled in part by me, and in part by a
technical analyst named John Yurko, who is now deceased.  I sent Mr.
Pelletier the data.  I requested that the amount in question be sent to
the minor son of Mr. Yurko, James Yurko, in care of his mother.

In early May, Mr. Pelletier told me that he had directed the comptroller
of his firm to issue the check.  I called Mrs. Yurko about a month
later, and she told me that she had not received the check.  A while
later, I posted a message on this board which said that Mrs. Yurko had
not received the check.

Mr. Pelletier read my message, and wrote me that he had in fact mailed
the check and that it had been cashed.  He faxed me a copy of a check
payable to James Yurko.  The back side of the faxed check isn't very
legible.  But it shows that the check 1) was not endorsed; and 2) it had
been cashed.  I then spoke with Mrs. Yurko again.  She said that she
hadn't received the check and that it was her practice to endorse checks
by hand.  She also told me that she hadn't received some of the mail she
should have received in May, and she gave me the name of her bank.

I have no reason to believe that Mr. Pelletier and Mrs. Yurko aren't
telling the truth.  At this point, based on the information I have, it
looks like the check was sent, but stolen and cashed.  I have given Mr.
Pelletier the information regarding Mrs. Yurko's bank account which he
may need to find out what happened to his check, and to recover the
proceeds if they were indeed stolen.  I hope that he lets me know what
happened to the check after he finishes his investigation.  Since a bank
investigation may take a while, I wanted to bring this information to
the attention of the list where I posted my message, so list members
will not draw any unwarranted conclusions about CSI data or Mr.
Pelletier from my previous message.  Robyn Greene