Re: 95 vs. 98

> countach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > Does any one know if Win98 does a better job of managing resourses than
> >  Win95?  Will Win98 allow opening more workspaces with TS(4)?
>
> The number of workspaces that can be open in TS4 would be the same
> for both OSs due to the limits, by design, on certain memory recourses
> (descriptors).
>
> When comparing both OSs for the use with TS4, however, one might also
> consider this:
>
> TS4, which was opimized for W95, works terribly in W98. It causes severe
> memory leakage, resulting in slowing the system down to a crawl and,
> eventually, freezing it completely.

    Hmm...I bought a new machine in Feb, 350Mhz P-2 with 64 mb ram and WIN
98 installed. Have not noticed anything that I could complain about using
TS4. I follow all the CME index(RL,MD,SP,ND,ED) and currency contracts
(SF,EC, JY,BP) as well as the bond and most Ag contracts from the CBOT. If
TradeStation never got any better than what I have now and how it runs (with
10 workspaces and numerous charts open within each workspace), I would never
miss any supposed upgrade.

    It would be my wish that all could have it so ez.  Actually WIN 3.1 and
TS 3.1 worked just about as well, but the newer features in WIN 98 and TS
4.0 make life a little nicer but actually have no effect on my proprietary
indicators or the number of charts I have open. Plus I run my cablemodem
internet connection on the same machine concurrently when I trade.

Jim