Re: 95 vs. 98

In a message dated 6/11/99 10:35:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
countach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Does any one know if Win98 does a better job of managing resourses than
>  Win95?  Will Win98 allow opening more workspaces with TS(4)?

The number of workspaces that can be open in TS4 would be the same
for both OSs due to the limits, by design, on certain memory recourses
(descriptors).

When comparing both OSs for the use with TS4, however, one might also
consider this:

TS4, which was opimized for W95, works terribly in W98. It causes severe
memory leakage, resulting in slowing the system down to a crawl and,
eventually, freezing it completely. This affects users who rotate a large
number of symbols. However, people gazing at one symbol the whole day
long won't notice a thing. Increasing the size of RAM does not solve the
problem, it only postpones the crash. This is not a problem with TS4.

TS2000, build 512, had the same problem. Omega techs told me that
they were going to address it in the pack 2. For reasons that I do not
want to go into, I have not checked it.

Igor Uhrik.