Dual OS (W95, NT4)

There have been several postings concerning on which OS is best to run
TS2000, W95, W98, or NT4. I suggest trying two of them on the same
machine using a program such as Partition Magic 4.0 (PM 4). This
software allows multi OS on the same HD but in different partitions
which PM 4 sets up without difficulty. You can select the one you want
at startup or just let the chosen default one boot. Load TS 2000 into
each OS and they are isolated (you have different registries for each
OS). This way you can test stability, speed, etc. on both OS on the same
machine (not at the same time obviously).

I use PM 4 to have two W 95 on one of my machines. I have TS 2000 on one
OS and my wife and kids can have their programs on the other OS. If they
start my OS none of their stuff is on it, so they shut it down and catch
their OS on the reboot. That way they will not mess up my work by some
delete or other. With the large HDs today each partition can be 3-4 GB.

In TS 2000 when  I put any indicator, containing a print command, on a
chart with over 2000 bars (intraday) the user resources (what ever they
are?) drop to zero after 15 -20 seconds and the machine locks up (256M
ram, this is evidently not a ram problem). Omega could not reproduce
this bug on their machines which all run on NT 4 (Omega recommends NT 4
for TS 2000). So I use the print command in TS 4 to do my debugging. You
might wonder why I do not have NT 4 on my machine. As someone on this
list said: it is too much hassle to configure every thing with NT4 (and
I have two machines networked).

Wayne