Re: Signal Cable/Signal On-Line

-----Original Message-----
From: Lamont Cranston <mulligan@xxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, June 10, 1999 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: Signal Cable/Signal On-Line

>From the responses I've seen on this list, most people are experiencing
terrible service from their ISP and recommend against Internet data feeds
for that reason.  A fortunate few of us, however, are experiencing GREAT
service from our ISPs (I do not REMEMBER when my last outage occurred - the
service is boringly fast and reliable!)

Another reason for my concern is that DBC is obviously switching their
emphasis from all other delivery media to Internet delivery.  An upgrade
originally planned for the cable-delivery system, for example, has been
quietly dropped because of this switch in corporate emphasis.

Therefore, I too would greatly appreciate an evaluation of SigOnLine - a
comparison of SigOnLine with cable Signal when the Internet connection
itself is operating at its best.  In theory, the Internet feed should be
capable of superior data delivery.  Whether or not this is in fact realized,
however, will depend upon the power and reliability of the entire DBC
infrastructure which drives the feed.

Anyone able to shed any light on such a comparison???

Regards,
Carroll Slemaker