Re: A quotation related to the Florida thread

I find it amazing that those who would be so righteous as to
know what is best for everyone else can only make abstract
arguments and draw on analogies that defy logical analysis.
According to them, laws and commandments only exist to be
broken and then it's societies fault not the poor
misfortunate criminal. (Sorry we can't use the word criminal
because it's an offensive label that could stigmatize that
unfortunate soul who had no other recourse, right?)
We just had a holiday dedicated to the honor and sacrifice
made by our fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters.
Unfortunately, for too many, it was just a paid day off from
work with no significance in their lives.
Our demise is being brought about by those making emotional
pleas for changes that do not address the real problems.
Where are the cries for responsibility and punitive measures
according to the laws that exist?
In the end, we will get what we deserve based on the choices
we made or worse yet, didn't make. If we allow those
righteous controllers to make choices for us, our silence is
our doom.