Re: How to use DLLs ?

Hi Philippe (french?)

1.

I assume that the EL programming principle in the TS2K is the same as in TS
4.0 (I don't have the 2K).
Your DLL is correct - else it would not make noise or hang up.
The statement "if ..... MessageBeep(0)" is executed for EVERY historical
bar.
You want to work only on Realtime Data.

Correct:

var: LCT(false);

LCT = Date = LastCalcDate and Time = LastCalcTime;

if LCT then begin
    if {your conditions here} then begin
        MessageBeep(0);
        {other stuff}
    end;
end;

It is normal that your study beeps n (= count of bars) times, then only
every 5 minutes on a 5 minute chart.
But try changing the study on "update every tick". There you will see why
using DLL files is inevitable... :-)

2. don't know
3. a) documents, TDUMP <DLL-file> -> but you won't know the argument format
with that.
    b) don't know but would be interesting to know! Please mail... :-)

Yann