Re: TS2k stability - survey results

On Mon, 31 May 1999, Edandrea wrote:

> Larry,
> Initially I had problems, but my 2000i has run for 3 weeks BMI R/T with no
> crash. My SP2 upgrade has run for 1 week, 24 hours a day, with no crash. I
> have it installed on a CTX laptop w/AMD 300mhz. and 64 meg ram. I have 5
> workspaces open, each with a quote monitor screen and a few charts with an
> indicator or two. My Global sever only collects about 1500 symbols (stocks
> and futures). I think a RAM upgrade will help tremendously. Now, does this
> information honestly help you?

It tells me that at least one person out of hundreds, perhaps thousands, has
been able to get TS2k to run for a week. A good data point for assessing
overall stability.

> Has it persuaded you to purchase TS?

I have had TS for years and SW before that; this is only to 'time' an
upgrade, and help others to avoid the upgrade blues as much as possible.

> So, if
> you use this information and buy 2000i, and it doesn't perform EXACTLY as
> you would like, am I now your scapegoat?

Of course not...

> Just out of curiosity, do you
> trade using market letters, or "tips", or do you use your own methods?

My own methods - I use TS in part as a 'front end' that pre-processes data
and then feeds the results to other computers (these do things that are
not possible with TS) for actual trading decisions.

> Best Regards,
> Eddie

I'd be very interested to know if it still runs well when you 'load' it a
bit more, say with 100+ indicators, with 10,000+ bars, and down to the
1-tick level.

Thanks for the input.

Larry