Re: High Low Moving Averages

I've tried a few trend filters such as:
Kaufman's Adaptive Moving Average, Chande's RAVI (crossover of 5 and 65 bar
MA's), linear regression slope, comparing RAVI or LRS to RAVI -10 bars ago,
consecutive bars risingdeclining, .  I've seen but haven't used a simple 18 day
MA.  I also recall having pretty good luck with simply waiting for 2-4 closes
above the High MA.  The "suite" of exits Chuck LeBeau uses in his 25x25 bond
system (you can get it at his web site)  I found to be a good way to get out
once you "caught a wave".
Obviously its a trade off--get in late or simply take the hits til you get a
real breakout.  Personally, I've started using Commitment of Traders as a
context for taking longer term signals.  My guess is a system that used High and
Low MA channel along with commercial extremes might do OK but that is still on
my to-do list.