High Low Moving Averages

Jake Bernstein has promoted signals based on a  moving average channel
of Highs and Lows.  I believe he uses lenght 10 for High MA and 8 for
Low MA.  I've worked with it quite a bit and it can be used/traded.  He
describes in his book--Compeat Day Trader I.  I seems to have
characteristics of volatility breakout and adaptive MA envelopes.
Waiting to break the High MA for example I think is in effect like
putting a filter on a MA breakout but the filter is responsive the
increasing/decreasing range (H-L).  Exits are more problematic but I
have tried several of Chuck LeBeau's.  like many MA systems, you can get
chewed up during sideways market action.  Contact me and I can share
some my system variations that will serve as a starting point.

Glen Wallace asked:
Chuck LeBeau has a new system that uses a novel approach to identify a
trend
using moving averages of lows (to identify the higher lows of an
uptrend)
and highs (to identify the lower highs of a downtrend).

Interesting.  Has anyone done any research to compare this to, say, a
moving
average of the ATR or close?