RE: ProSuite Hazard

I have similar numbers to Jim for resource usage in Win98 with a Dell PII
450, 256mb Ram.  These numbers are fine and Ts2k SP2 runs OK.  Adding more
memory has no effect on resource usage because resources are limited by the
OS and are independent of memory.  There is no way to limit the amount of
resources used by various programs. Main problem is Win95/98 doesn;t know
how to fully release resources and make them avail for other programs when
you exit something.  Win98 is much better at this than Win95 but the real
solution is Win NT as other posters have also said.  I plan to upgrade to NT
as soon as I can make sure I know how to setup all of my hardware, esp my
modem and fast serial card.

As to SP2 I had to reinstall it 3 times but it finally works fine and it has
fixed some of my problems.  SP2 would not install correctly on top of SP1
and I had to remove all traces of it using Control Panel and then manually
delete any remaining files.  So far I am unable to use my data collected
while using SP1 but I hope to figure out how to copy it back or import it.
I imported all stocks/indices from HistoryBank CD and then downloaded the
gap since 4/30/99 from Omga FTP site.  Everything worked fine and it only
took about an hour to do all the data work.  Up/Dn Vol allocation on minute
charts is fixed and volume numbers on quote pages now match charts and seem
to be fairly accurate intraday.

In fact I am so pleased with SP2 I am actually thinking about buying some
OMGA stock.  Maybe I can make enough to pay for TS. :-)