Re: Best E-mini online broker $9 Comm. No $900 charge.

Thought my response on another list may be of interest:

For those that emailed me, there is no $900 monthly charge for the
Interactive Workstation.  I am told that because of Refco's volume, there is
no setup fee except for the $7500 to put in your account to start trading.
The additional fees on the trades are 74 cents so the total comes out to
$9.74 per round turn.

Now, the interactive screen takes a little practice getting used to.  There
are some subtleties you need to get used to.  It took me a day of trading to
get used to it.  The workstation has 33 pages to put your orders in.  To
make things easier, I put all the types of orders I use on their own
separate page.  On the far right hand page, I have the pages titled Market
Buy Orders, Buy Stops, Buy Limits.  On the far left hand page, I have the
pages labeled separately Market Sell Orders, Sell Stops, Sell Limits.  I
have the orders all set and ready to fire, I usually click the orders button
to fine tune the price just before pulling the trigger.

On each of the 33 pages, I think you can put up to 6 orders.  You could put
all the orders on all one page , but to me this is a little confusing.  The
system will automatically sort your orders based on market price if you put
them on one page.  I would like to hear how others use the Interactive
Brokers workstation for the most efficiency.

You can preset the function keys to make things go faster but I haven't done
that yet.

I like doing things in advance because there is less chance of making an
error.

http://www.reiflertrading.com/trading/eminiindex.html

There is a lot to think about running all this technology.   This is why I
think a good professional broker who can run the technology if you don't
want to is worth a lot.

Sometimes it is just easier to hit the speed dial button and say "buy me at
the market"

No affiliation, just a customer.