Whoops, Brown errors Re: +$421K with Aberration

Poor Mark Brown has gotten confused.  First he says that
if the total net profits including commissions and slippage
($+421,000) are dividided by the total number of contracts
traded (around a thousand), then the result of this division
will somehow be a *negative* number of dollars per contract
(a net loss per contract).

Positive number / positive number = negative number
according to Mark Brown.  Maybe he should have studied
harder in algebra class.

  > if you told what you made on a one lot basis, you
  > would be broke long ago!

Then Mark Brown somehow confuses me with the Spratling
brothers, Kevin and Tim.  Both of them are system vendors,
both operating out of Rome, Georgia.  At one time, they
posted to the Omega List.  Kevin sells a (reasonably good)
multicommodity trendfollowing system that uses the same
parameters and the same code to trade all markets.  Tim
sells a (relatively poor) seasonality/cycles-based system
for trading only the stock index futures.

The only other pair of brothers I'm aware of in the
futures world, are Bill and Ralph Cruz at Omega.
But I don't think even Mark Brown could make a
mistake that big.

  > you stated that you traded a similar system that
  > your brother sold and marketed.   now you
  > say you trade aberration, which is it?

I do indeed have a brother, but he works for Huffy
Bicycles.  He doesn't sell trading systems.  Mark
Brown is wrong.

I'll close this message with the same words I closed my
article in Club 3000:

    Naysayers who preach that it's obviously impossible
    for vendor-sold mechanical systems to make money,
    are just plain wrong:  the very note you're reading
    right now [2.5 yrs, $+421K profits] is a counterexample.
    How about this idea: they can keep preaching, and
    I'll keep the $421,000 of real-money profits?
    It seems only fair.

-- Mark Johnson
   Silicon Valley, California