Re: Help..... 100% CPU Usage!

-----Original Message-----
From: bam2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <bam2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, May 23, 1999 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: Help..... 100% CPU Usage!

>You should really give us the stats on your new computer. Without knowing
anything else though,
>I'll bet your running Windows98. You should try running WindowsNT.
>
>Brett

Someone else reported that situation as well and also that they were having heat
problems because TS 4 was over-heating their PII CPU.   I believe their solution
was to leave the Server Tools/Option Dialog Box open which for some reason seems
to cause the TS 4 Server to take less processing cycles.

The TS 4 Server continually runs some kind of query process which seems to take
over about 99% of the available processing cycles - leaving 1% or less for
everything else.   But after all TS 4 was written for 386 class computers and
the 16-bit compiler used to built TS 4 has been obsolete for years.