Re: PS2k SP2 Update, Tick Counts and Rant (cable modems)

>>SNIP<
> I'm currently a Cox@xxxx subscriber.  I have had the service for
> apporximately 2 months.  After making some recommended registry tweaks,
> I have achieved download speeds of ....

Some of the 'tweaks' Ramin mentioned can be found at
http://home.tampabay.rr.com/philip1/cable.htm   I have only made the
registry changes this weekend, so I can't say whether there is an
appreciable speed increase, but Win98 appears no less stable after the
changes.  Generally, I find the limitation to speed is the source site; the
cable modem can take it as fast as they can give it.