PS2k SP2 Update, Tick Counts and Rant

 Great post!  Balanced and posing some important issues.  I have four
questions, no all related.
1. Will cable modems represent an improvement and elimate the need for
me to get a high speed port?
2. What does a high speed port offer beyond my USR 56K VoiceWin modem?
3. I've run TRACERT but don't know what to do with the info.  What can
you do about it if your route to the data provider's server is going
through Bangladesh several times?
4.  What is the "Code List" and how does one join?

Thanks for any input.

-----------------------
 "Sentinel Trading" <rjbiii@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in part:

I can now call the Quotes off my RadarScreen and be with the DTN Data
Dept.,
allowing for transmission times, which is in the Milliseconds, and am
now far
faster than the Internet feeds that I have been running side by side.

I was missing a lot of ticks at least 1/3, for some symbols before
installing
the High Speed Port, due to the buffers on a standard URT port. In fact
some
symbols would not even up date for several minutes after the open due
being
trapped in the buffers. The GlobalServer allows all the Quotes to pass
off the
DTN Box, as do several other servers. The flow of data is tremendous.
There are
over 132,000 option symbols alone. Try that on the Internet.

I have tried to provide assistance to those that ask for it with 2000i,
mostly
privately this is the Omega List. I have gotten most of the ideas for
the
systems that I use from this and the Code List.

Lets discuss Internet congestion. lets run tracert to one of the data
servers all day, and test the packets
dropped and return speeds. In fact I have a program that will do just
that.

I was slow running DTN and tracked the problem down to the Serial Port
Speed,
try running hyper terminal during the market and watch the Overflows on
the DTN
Box and the Overrun errors on the computer side.