FW: Better than JMA?

Lutz,

I think you may be a bit confused between two very different indicators of ours ...

JMA does not need external calculations for attaining dynamic optimal length.  You set the approximate length (smoothness, speed) only once and JMA will automatically change its speed according to price dynamics.  In addition, JMA lets you also control lag and overshoot separately from length.

CFB evaluates trend duration.  It can be used to auto-adjust the length of other indicators on a bar-to-bar basis.  This adaptive control only makes sense in specific applications, where auto-adjusting is shown to improve trading performance.

Avoid adding complexity to a system when it delivers only marginal improvement. This tends to produce poorer future performance than a non-adaptive system.  Also, I would be wary of anyone who promises across-the-board improvement with their adaptive mechanisms.

Regards,

Mark Jurik
Jurik Research
http://www.jurikres.com