Re: Teaching yourself programming?

Scott,

There are many places and ways to learn VB or C++.  VB is much easier to
learn, becuase it does soo much for you.  It can do most things C++ will
except when you are trying to write really tight code at the system  /
device level.  It also is not good at using pointers, though some have ways
around it.  If you are the kind that likes to go at your own pace, then
there are a zillion books that will teach you VB from the ground up.  If
you want instruction, then there are classes available at professional
'shops' as well as high school and jr college classes.  There are a million
web sites. some just for beginners and many that have snippets as well as
complete objects / progrmas available for free to download.  There is also
a VB mag just for beginners.  I don't remember it's name  I think it is VB
for beginners.  There is also VB programmers journal.  It is available in
most book stores and mag stands.

VB web resources  http://www.vb-web-directory.com/
Planet Source Code - http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/
Visual Basic Home  http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/