RE: TS Alternatives was Re: Real Time Delphi Platform??

You might consider Metastock 6.52.  If you are running Windows, it is fully
integrated with Excel.  Following is info from Metastock 6.52 help file:

One of the great features found in Microsoft Office 97 certified programs is
the ability to create links between programs using OLE (object linking and
embedding).  For example, you could create an OLE link between MetaStock and
Excel.  Data that exists in the Excel spreadsheet could be plotted in
MetaStock.  If the data changes in Excel, the changes will also be made in
MetaStock because of the OLE link.  (Note that Excel 7.0 can only handle a
Paste Link of about 1,000 records.  Excel 8.0 doesn't have this limitation).

OLE links are created by copying data from one OLE compatible Windows
application and then pasting it (using the Paste Special command in the Edit
menu) to the other application.When using the Paste Special dialog, be sure
to look at the helpful messages at the bottom of the dialog.  These
instructions will guide you through the process of creating the link.
If you right click on an indicator in MetaStock that has been paste linked
from another application (i.e., Excel, Lotus 123, etc.), two options appear
in the shortcut menu—Update Link and Open Link.

Use the Update Link command to refresh the indicator in MetaStock with the
data from the server application (i.e., Excel, Lotus 123, etc.).  Choose
Open Link to open the server application so that you can edit the data in
the server application.

More:

To create an OLE link between an indicator in a MetaStock chart and an Excel
spreadsheet
To link data in an Excel spreadsheet to MetaStock
To link a chart in MetaStock to a Word document
OLE Tips

Ross Kovacs

rossrk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx