Re: Top 10 Systems of All Time

I don't know if this will help or depress. Years ago I obtained a book named
Time Trend III.  Copyright 1988 by Gerald Appel.  It's outside cover is
green vinyl and the pages inside are black print on yellow pages.  The
complete logic of TT3 is disclosed inside with great detail, I have watched
this system make money for over ten years since I have had this book.  So it
could certainly be said that this system was not a piece of curve fit junk.
It was well thought out and has withstood the test of time. Also I would
mention that Rick Saidenberg gives credit to the works of Gerald Appel, in
fact Rick traded it for years before he developed his own trading models and
he was very profitable with it.

I also would have to tell of yet another good trading model, though it is
not for the faint of heart.  I have every belief that it will continue to
hold up over time. That is Peter Aan's DCS II which is a type of channel
breakout system.  It has a real time track record and is traded by the
developer I know.

I would recommend anyone who is interested in fully automated trading
systems to pay attention to at least these two systems. Many more profitable
systems have come and gone, but very few have held up so well for so long.

Guys like these Aan and Appel are the type of system traders that every
aspiring system trader should model themselves after.  Not necessarily that
I would suggest you copy after their models.  But as I have written about
the psychological aspects of trading models these guys are to be commended
for their total commitment to their pioneering work in system building.  And
more importantly their understanding of the risk and the willingness to
commit to their findings and trade the system.  MB

Check out The X-Files project at http://24.0.100.173/mb/thexfile.htm