Re: Family Trading

I can't possibly write a complete treatise on Florida registration
requirements - but this is (in part) the relevant statute.  I suspect
there are rules and regulations dealing with this.  Anyone who thinks he
might have a problem should check with the State of Florida to get those
rules and regulations.

By the way - the states are totally free to pass their own registration
laws which may be more restrictive than the federal laws.  And - the way
I read this law (which may be totally incorrect - this is well outside my
area of expertise) is that if you're registered with the CFTC - you're
exempt from the registration requirements.  If you're not registered with
the CFTC - you have to comply with the Florida law.

Also by the way - I as a lawyer must be licensed to practice law in every
state where I want to practice (except for the very occasional
out-of-state case - and - even then - I have to be admitted to practice
on a "case-by-case" basis).  So you're not going to get any sympathy from
me.  If you want to do business in Florida - or do business with Florida
residents - you have to follow the rules.  These laws are designed to
protect Florida residents - not to make life easy for the people who are
making money off them.  Robyn