Re: Best alternative to TradeStation 2000i?

In TraderWare this is how a simple moving average is plotted as an
indicator.  While it looks more complicated that in easy language "it is
not".  One reason is that if you wanted a simple moving average you don't
have to type all the stuff you see below.  You can just copy and paste from
our library of pre built's and there you have it.  Or just like some other
popular programs you can bring up a chart and pick moving average from a
list and click on it and it pops onto the chart.  Note :  We use a common
everyday language VB, we have set the standard that all other market related
software packages must come to or die.  We have freed the end user from
dependency on third party vultures to write their studies.  The clients can
go take a course on VB at any community college.

mb

Sub IndicatorEntry()

'Calculate a 5 period simple moving average of the closing price
Call TW.CalcFormula("MOV(c,5,s)", twDate, twHigh, twLow, twOpen, twClose,
twOpenInterest, twVolume, twResults, twDates, twValid)

'Plot the result
Call TW.PlotIndicator(twPanelID, twName, twStyle, twDates, twResults,
twValid, twColor)

End Sub