Re: Best alternative to TradeStation 2000i?

In a message dated 99-04-26 09:16:08 EDT, eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Your "best" alternative will vary according to your needs but suggest you
>  have a look at Ensign www.ensignsoftware.com which is real-time platform
>  with use with DTN and BMI. Probably the strongest set of programming
>  features of anything on market, extremely well supported, inexpensive.

Well supported is an understatement.  I know someone who runs what I feel is
an excellent S&P trading course, and of course has been using Tradestation.
He looked at Ensign and although liked it found a short list of minor
shortcomings that could prove to be a problem.  He wrote them about it on
Saturday.  He got a response today, that the program, had already been
modified, and was just confirming that what he did was what was needed.  Then
the new version will be available for download.    This is amazing.   Also I
have been following their list, and if someone asks if something can be done
programming wise, the Ensign fellow who monitors usually has code posted the
next day.

This kind of support is sure something we using Omega products haven't seen.
Also the price up front in equally unbelievable.

I should at this point add the usual disclaimer.  I have no interest and in
fact haven't even fired the program up yet.  But I sure am going to

                          Pete