DDE Link for opening of $INDU

I'm trying to establish a DDE link between the Signal / TS4.0 server and
Excel spreadsheet for the opening price of $INDU.

Using the suggested TS formula for the opening price of SP M9 works fine.
The same formula, with $INDU substituted, does not.

I've tried all the suggestions from Signal and TS including a new Excel
spreadsheet, not coloring the cell, downloading the latest ROS versions,
and....., and...., and.  Nothing works.

Any one have any suggestions?  The Excel spreadsheet I use can be emailed to
anyone who wants it.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Gerald Marisch