Re: DDE Link for opening of $INDU

At 02:48 PM 4/23/99 -0400, Gerald Marisch wrote:
>I'm trying to establish a DDE link between the Signal / TS4.0 server and
>Excel spreadsheet for the opening price of $INDU.
>
>Using the suggested TS formula for the opening price of SP M9 works fine.
>The same formula, with $INDU substituted, does not.
>
>I've tried all the suggestions from Signal and TS including a new Excel
>spreadsheet, not coloring the cell, downloading the latest ROS versions,
>and....., and...., and.  Nothing works.
>
>Any one have any suggestions?  The Excel spreadsheet I use can be emailed to
>anyone who wants it.
>
>Thanks in advance for any ideas.
>
>Gerald Marisch

Try INDU instead of $INDU. Omega plays incomprehensible games with index
symbols. Signal and BMI both transmit $INDU. For BMI server, you have to
specify INDU and let the server provide the $. With Signal server, you
specify $INDU. I wonder if the DDE is some mix of the two. Anyway, it's
worth a try.

Allan

"I will permit no man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him."
- Booker T. Washington