Re: variables

At 3:24 AM -0400 4/23/99, Jimmy56@xxxxxxx wrote:

>In easy language, does anyone know if there is any way to assign a text
>string to a variable of some kind? I know normal variables and arrays are
>supposed to be either true/false or numeric. But is there anyway around
>this?

You can defive variables as String variables and use them much as you do in
most languages.

I have included a simple example below. (Not verified since I am away from
my TradeStation.)

Bob Fulks

----

Vars: Counter(0), Str1(""), Str2("");

Counter = Counter + 1;

Str1 = " is equal to ";

Str2 = "This is a string" + newline + "Counter" + Str1 + NumToStr(Counter, 0);

Print(Str2);