Re: variables

In a word, Yes.

Vars  : MyStr ("") ;

MyStr = "This is a string" ;

MyStr = Text (Date:6:0, Time:5:0, ", ", Value1, ", ", Condition1) ;

Hope this helps.  btw, I am working on my EasyLanguage book that will be
ready soon!  Finally, I have been threatening to do so for years now.

Samuel

At 02:24 AM 04/23/99 , Jimmy56@xxxxxxx wrote:
>In easy language, does anyone know if there is any way to assign a text
>string to a variable of some kind?  I know normal variables and arrays are
>supposed to be either true/false or numeric.  But is there anyway around
>this?
>I have found out about this supposedly undocumented function called "text"
>but can't seem to get it to work probably to fulfill my needs.
>Thanks.
>Jim

    Samuel K. Tennis                              Vista Research
    129 Staff Drive                       voice: 1(850) 243-5105
    Ft. Walton Beach, FL  32548             fax: 1(850) 301-2884
    skt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        http://www.vista-research.com/
             ***** EasyLanguage Spoken Here *****